Sunday 5 April 2015

Fiancé is a weird title




Over the last week, I hummed and hawed about publicly sharing details about one of the most important decisions I've ever made in my life — on March 29, 2015 I said "yes" to spending the rest of my life with the most kind, thoughtful, goofy, entertaining, and loving person I've ever encountered.

After all was said and done, James and I decided to keep the engagement quiet (especially on social media) until we personally told our close friends and family. Every time I shared the story, my wide smile hurt my face. If I had a dollar for every time I said "I'm SO excited," I'd likely be halfway to paying for the wedding already.

It was nice to be able to tell people how James popped the question and see their mushy expressions. I forgot how important the art of storytelling is in building and maintaining relationships. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to everyone quickly in person, but I'm still glad to have been able to personally share my experience with others.

So for the time being, I'm going to refrain from sharing the story online (I've posted a few teaser pictures though). If you see me in person, I'll gladly tell you how brilliant and sneaky James was.

If you're lucky, maybe I'll throw in the movie-esque story about how we met on a transit bus.


2 comments: